Tuesday 21 April 2009

Can't Stop Laughing

Toni and I have been best friends since 1991. We used to spend the day together, then still talk on the phone later for hours. Now I live 4000 miles away, so it's usually Skype for hours and we still never run out of things to say. We can also stay on Skype, both working quietly, happy just knowing the other person is on the other end of the line. We often help each other brainstorm with business ideas and sometimes we manage to get a little off track or just plain silly.

Toni, who is a photographer, has been working on her spring advertisement. She was trying to come up with a clever offer that rhymes with April showers bring May flowers. It just wasn't working, so I suggested using another well known term like "Spring has sprung". I asked, "What can you think of that rhymes with sprung?" She answered, "Oops, I stepped in cow dung...everybody Wang Chung...don't kiss me with tongue...I'll have the egg foo young...I'm dying of black lung." She just tossed them out there so quickly and I was laughing so hard I didn't have time to recover before she said the next thing. Perhaps it's one of those goofy things only friends who have known each other nearly 20 years find funny, but I'm still chuckling!

Oh, and she settled on, "Spring has sprung, keep them forever young. Get a half hour free when you book a 2 hour family or graduation photoshoot by Mother's Day".

4 comments:

  1. Fun, fun-it's great to have a friend like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SUPER to have a friend like that. I believe that I have FINALLY found a friend like yours, and I am so blessed!!

    Happy Saturday!!

    **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    i added a link to your blog on mine.
    Would you mind to do the same for me?
    Lots of thanks.

    www.pastelpaintingsbyanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Award time - come to my blog! Cheers Val

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails