Wednesday 10 June 2009

Getting Back on Track and YART Sale

I was away most of May on a trip back home to the USA. I went over to be maid of honor in my friend, Toni's wedding, as well as to be godmommy for my nephew, Maxx. It was a crazy, busy month with lots of running around! There wasn't even time for jet lag...got there late on a Sunday night and had to go first thing in the morning to pull together the details for the bachelorette party for my first Friday there. Then we had to shop for beads so I could make jewellery for 5 bridesmaids, 2 moms and an aunt, 4 boys (manly stuff, of course), and the bride. Also had to paint the card box and the bride's shoes. I finished those the morning of the wedding! I'm pretty sure I still had a little paint on my hands during the ceremony. LOL

On top of that, my dress didn't fit so I had to drive an hour and a half away to trade it in. Thank God they had one in stock. That one was too big though, so I needed to get it altered. (Thanks, Aunt Margie!) I spent a lot of time in the car running last minute wedding errands and driving back and forth between my home town and 2 hours away to Milwaukee, where the wedding was. Still, it was worth it! I got to spend more time with Toni than I have in the last 8 years, as well as spend loads of time with my kooky sisters and their kids. I got to spend my birthday at home with friends and family, so it was wonderful...I can't really be 39 now, can I!?

I just opened my Etsy shop in April and started off with a bang, but I wouldn't have had the time to list new stuff while I was away, nor would I have been able to post any purchases in a timely manner, so I thought it best to just put it on vacation mode. I'm back, made it through a week or so of jet lag and now it's time to get back on track here! My Etsy shop is back from vacation mode and I will be participating in the annual YART SALE from today until June 14. Have a look in my shop for some great deals on all my goodies!

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you back Jolie, sounds like you had a fabulous time with your family! I got exhausted just reading about it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have you back!

    I have an award waiting for you on my blog - come on over, cheers Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have you back. You have been missed! Looking forward to seeing more new artwork from you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lady.

    Love the new shop, very nice and you sold two paintings already.. My shop is in a draught :(.

    I wish you continued success!

    You seem to be really busy and a lot of running around for the wedding, but isn't it what they are all about!

    Happy Tuesday,
    Smooches,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails