I thought long and hard about my favorite romantic comedies...really! I had such a difficult time narrowing it down to just 10. That was hard enough, so I can't possibly place them in any order of preference, except the first one, of course!
My Top 10 Favorite Romantic Comedies
- While You Were Sleeping
- When Harry Met Sally
- You've Got Mail
- French Kiss
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Pretty Woman
- Princess Bride
- Just Like Heaven
- The Wedding Singer
- Just Friends
While I doubt the rest of the list combined comes anywhere close to the time I've spent watching "While You Were Sleeping", I have seen these movies often enough to be able to recite a lot of the lines along with the characters. Just for fun, I thought I'd make a game of matching up a line with the right film. If you know an answer, put the name of the movie followed by the line that goes with it in your comment. Please match up only one movie, so that lots of people get a chance to play. Honor system here...if you don't know it, you can guess, but please don't Google it!
Quotes From My Top 10 Movies...Can you match them up?
- Dinkelman's goin', down!
- I'm 99.9 percent parched here. Could really use a cola.
- Know her? I'm dating her.
- Hey, I kissed her, but it didn't mean anything. I just brought her the jacket.
- Anybody want a peanut?
- Oh, that's not my dad, that's my nephew.
- We are just going to be friends, OK?
- Talk to her, Dad. She's a doctor.
- It was so good I almost peed my pants.
- No, don't say it! Stop that rocking! Stop the rocking! SPASM! SPASM!
So what's your favorite romantic comedy? Are you thinking, "I can't believe she didn't mention (insert your favorite here)!" or do you agree with my list?