Saturday, 18 April 2009

The Great Print Experiment



As you know, I have been busy trying to build my Etsy shop. I have been painfully aware that I needed to create different price points if I want any success for my shop, rather than just originals. I know many artists print their own at home, so I thought I'd give it a go. Unfortunately, my first few tries did not meet with success. I bought some Daler Rowney art paper, which was nice enough, but not particularly heavy. That made it very tricky to embellish.

On the next few prints, there were very obvious horizontal white lines. I did some reading up online and it looks like it might be print head problem. Grr! I was so annoyed! This issue might be a blessing in disguise, as it forced me to look for other options. I found a very handy printer who does same day printing on canvas for quite a reasonable price. I got a bunch of pieces printed and am amazed at how well they turned out. While the actual texture is obviously not there on the print, visually, it still appears very textured. I got a whole bunch printed and cut to make various size prints and have been embellishing them all night.

I now have a whole page on Etsy in various sizes and price points. Over the next several days, I will just keep adding. I have LOADS to go! The painting here is one that I have gotten printed in a few different sizes and they all look great, if I do say so myself! :)

2 comments:

  1. Loving your newest painting, wow and double wow! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails