Wednesday 21 January 2009

Living up to the Plan

I didn't do any drawing or painting today. My new plan for 2009 included not only making time for creativity, but also making time for marketing and getting myself back out there. So far, I have painted a lot, which is great! But other than staying true to my daily blogging, finally posting on flickr and sending out a few feeler emailers to galleries, I haven't done enough with the marketing. It should really be a 50/50 split of my time between creating and marketing. It's been more like 90/10, so today I took some big steps to improve that.

So here's what I did today...Created a nice digital portfolio as well as a video portfolio to really create a strong impression and hopefully separate me from the crowd. I will burn those to disc for showing potential collectors and galleries. I also posted a few times on twitter, signed up for a ning account (which I will be developing over a period of time) and started working on some videos for youtube. I've visited several other blogs and left comments when I had something to say. I know we all appreciate the reciprical comments, as they help increase traffic.

I also ordered labels for mini cds, which are a very cool way of giving someone your portfolio and am searching for an A3 scanner. I'm struggling to get good enough photos for etsy, especially if I am going to sell prints, so I think the scanner will make things much easier. All in all, I feel like I had a pretty darn productive day!

4 comments:

  1. Hello there!
    Don't feel bad Jolie...you are going on the right direction...keep working and you'll see...it pays off.
    I like your girls on your logo and the colors that you used. Very pretty!
    Hugs,
    Flor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your ladies are very fun. I tag your at my blog if you would like to stop by.

    I have my B.A. in advertising and PR and it seems like you are on the right track with your marketing. It will all be about time in the end as the marketing side if very consuming. But you have it right with the word of mouth. It is the best way to do it.

    Good luck and I will be keeping my eye out for you..

    Smooches,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are moving in the right direction-I like the idea of doing a video portfolio, very cool. I think the demos on you-tube will help, too. People love those (I do anyway..lol).

    I have a hard time with the balance of marketing and painting as well. So if you have any break throughs, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your wonderfully supportive comments, guys! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails