Sunday 23 August 2009

New Direction

My blog is heading in a new direction...well, not a new direction maybe...just a bit more focused. Each day of the week will be devoted to a specific theme, so that you know what to expect and when to have a look for what interests you most. I will put the theme in the tags, so that you can find all of the posts with that theme easily.

  • Solve it Sunday: Each Sunday I will post a piece of my work as a puzzle, so that you can start your week with a bit of fun.
  • Art Market Monday: Each Monday I will tell you where to find my new work, what to expect to see coming up on Etsy, where you can find my work in person and introduce a SPECIAL OFFER for the following week.
  • Talk Art Tuesday: Each Tuesday, I will post something art related up for discussion or inspiration. It might be a technique video I find on Youtube or a technique of my own that I want to share. It could be a link to an art exhibition that is interesting or controversial...basically anything art related that I feel like talking about.
  • Work in Progress Wednesday: Each Tuesday I will post photos of what I have been working on, as well as tell you how I'm feeling about its progress, ask for critiques, etc.
  • Thumbs Up Thursday: Each Thursday I will post a link to something/someone that I have discovered and think is fantastic. It may be another visual artist, a musician, a useful website, etc.
  • Fresh Off the Easel Friday: Each Friday I will post my just completed work.
  • Simply Saturday: Saturdays will be more casual. I'll post anything that I didn't have time or room for the rest of the week, or that doesn't fit in those categories. Also, I do a monthly giveaway for my offline mailing list and am now going to add my online contacts to that. You will find info about that here. I'll be posting info on how to enter for my next giveaway this Saturday.
I hope you will like my new blog format. If there is anything else you would like to see, I'm always open to comments/suggestions. Here is my first puzzle...I have posted it as 48 pieces, but for those of you who really like a challenge, you can change it up to 240 pieces.
Click to Mix and Solve

7 comments:

  1. wow that sounds super organized!!!
    Can you come round to mine and organize my life too, I live in a crazy mess lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, where do you get the energy!
    Sounds wonderful! I could sure use a little organization in my life too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Organization at it's all time best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My God, Jolie,
    This sounds great, I mean GREAT!!!:)
    I really admire you, I can't be so organized!
    Thanks for your visit and comment! I like your girls a lot!
    Hugs,
    Sanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on being so organized! I'm jealous;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you new format sounds like a lot of fun....i love the idea of a different theme for each day of the week! your puzzle is wonderful...another great idea! thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! Yes, I am determined to stay focused and organized. I think it's important to follow a good plan if you want to stand out from the crowd. I don't know where I suddenly got my energy from though. I was really productive at home today too...cleaned my kitchen from top to bottom and did a bunch of laundry, so I feel really satisfied.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails